A fav rice prepartion I usually make for my foodie kids n husband.
Fruit N Nut Vegetable Ghee RiceA fav rice prepartion I usually make for my foodie kids n husband.Mini Binoy
Best quality Basmathy Rice
Ginger garlic paste
Chopped fruits like pineapple
Pomegranates taken out from the shell
Tutti fruitty in various colors
Glace cherries chopped
Chopped glace ginger( optional)
Nuts like roasted peanuts, cashew nuts etc
Chopped carrots, french beans, capsicum etc
Sweet corn kernels
Good quality ghee
Spices like cardamom and
Crushed black pepper
- Wash and cook basmathy rice in plenty of water, whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom n cloves and enough salt..Drain water and keep aside..
- Adding juice of half a lemon to the water while cooking the rice,will prevent the grains from sticking to each other..Keep aside to cool down..
- Melt ghee in a large nonstick Chinese wok and fry the nuts and raisins.. drain n keep aside..
- Now saute the onions followed by the ginger garlic paste until the raw smell vanishes...Add the chopped veggies and saute till done( carrots , beans , corn kernels and capsicum)...Add the crushed pepper and sugar..
- Now carefully stir in the cooked rice alternating with the chopped fruits, the other dry fruits, the fried nuts n raisins, black grapes and pomegranates..Season with more salt if necessary..
- Microwave the rice just before serving and garnish with a few fried cashew nuts, black grapes n chopped coriander leaves.
- This rice is so delicious coz of the sweet fruits and the crunchy nuts added to it.The colorful appearance will definitely lure the kids who have an aversion to rice preparations.. Serve warm n they'll relish them even without any side dish..
- Pls do not heat the rice too much.. We do not want the fruits to get cooked losing its juicy n crunchy freshness.