Fill your home with the delectable aroma of these freshly baked orange nutmeg cookies !!!..They are eggless , no beating involved and can be made in minutes ! Its a recipe I have been following since my children were small kids.You may omit orange rind and nutmeg and use vanilla essence alone..Either way it will be delicious! Cashew nut is optional .
- Take 3/4cup sugar and powder it well.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine well with hands to make a large ball of cookie dough.
- Break apart into small portions and roll them into lemon sized balls between your palms.
- Flatten each cookie lightly and press down a cashew half in the center..( you may lightly brush the cookies with beaten egg white before placing the cashew nuts so that they will stick on to them well even after baking..However this step is optional if you do not use egg ).
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven for ( 170 degrees) about 30 minutes or until the cookies turn golden.Let them cool down and store in an airtight cookie tin.
- A few tips for better results :-- While measuring out flour use a measuring cup and do not take a very tightly packed quantity..The butter should be at room temperature, very soft but not melted.