A very delicious coconut burfi using mawa.If mawa ( solidified milk ) is not available substitute one cup of milk powder.Will definitely become your family's favourite !
Coconut Burfi Using MawaA very delicious coconut burfi using mawa.If mawa ( solidified milk ) is not available substitute one cup of milk powder.Will definitely become your family's favourite !Mini Binoy
2 1/4 Cups
Pink food Colouring
- Put sugar and water into a non stick vessel and heat.. Stir well and bring to boil till one thread consistency..
- Add coconut , mix well followed by mawa.. mix it welll again..
- Continue heating, stirring all the time without letting it burn at the bottom..It wont take much time to reach the soft ball stage.
- At soft ball stage( the stage at which a drop of the mixture tipped into a small bowl of cold water can be rolled into a soft ball between the fingers without sticking) add the food colouring and vanilla essence..
- Mix well and transfer to a greased or lined reactangular baking tin..
- while still warm mark into shapes.. Break apart into pieces when completely cool..
- TO MAKE MAWA AT HOME:-Mix 2 cups of milk powder and 1 cup of cream.. mix well and cook over low flame in a heavy bottomed vesssel,till it forms a soft mass. Stirring without break is very important.