Its my family's fav ever since my first experiment.No eggs, no butter and no baking!! ..But we will need a couple of blobs of butter for greasing the grease proof paper
Cocoa Coconut MelodyIts my family's fav ever since my first experiment.No eggs, no butter and no baking!! ..But we will need a couple of blobs of butter for greasing the grease proof paperMini Binoy
Marie biscuits powdered
Any good quality cocoa powder slightly heaped
Ground dessicated coconut
Any good quality milk powder
- Take two bowls.. Into one bowl, put powdered marie biscuits, 1 cup powdered sugar,cocoa,and vanilla essence.
- Into the second bowl, put ground dessicated coconut, the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, coconut essence, and milk powder..
- Now combine the ingredients in the first bowl using 1/4 cup milk in which nescafe has been dissolved,to get a thick paste..If its too dry, add few drops of milk to make it little soft..
- The consistncy should be such that it can easily be pressed well into a baking tin...The mixture should not be runny..
- Now we will deal with the second bowl.. Mix all the ingredients well using another 1/4 cup of plain milk, to get a thick paste as the previous one.
- Now to assemble, spread the brown cocoa mixture in a rectangular baking tin that has been lined with a buttered butter paper...Press it down well using hands..
- Now spread the white coconut mixture over the first one...Press this as well onto the brown cocoa layer.
- Lay a sheet of another buttered paper ( with the buttered side down ) over the top layer and gently spread it so that it clings to the surface.. Let cool in the fridge( along with the butter paper on top )..peel off the paper, before cutting it into any shape of your choice!!..
Dessicated coconut should be ground dry, without adding any liquid.. You can see oil oozing out as you grind in the dry mixing jar...No need to make it into a very smooth paste..
- Use a serrated knife to slice the chilled Cocoa Coconut Melody into pieces..As well ,as you slice, wipe the knife using a damp towel so that the brown crumbs clinging to the knife does not spoil the beauty of the white coconut layer.
- The qty of milk mentioned will be enough for mixing the ingredients of the two mixtures as the sugar will melt on adding the milk,making the mixture paste like..So do not be tempted to use too much milk .
- If using Indian cocoa add one heaped tsp more.Chill the Melody on the lower shelf of your fridge,before slicing.. But do not freeze.