This is an unusually flavored cake with a light texture..Keeps well on the shelf for a few days.Tastes best the following day after baking it..Moreover its damn too easy to make !!Those who are fond of cardamom flavor will find its aroma too tempting..Once the cake cools down to room temperature,keep it airtight in a Tupperware container for one day and open it next day morning.. Believe me,the vanilla-cardamom combo aroma you get,will be too yummy to resist!!..
- Take a medium bowl and put all the wet ingredients into it..( milk, butter ,eggs, vanilla)
- Put the flour, custard powder and cardamom powder into a sifter and sift them into the bowl containing the wet ingredients..Add the castor sugar too.
- Now using the hand mixer beat all the ingredients well at low speed for one minute and then at medium speed for a few minutes more ( 2-3 mnts) till the batter color changes to a lighter shade.. Scrape down the sides of the bowl while beating..Do not over beat..
- Now sprinkle the caraway seeds and fold it into the batter.. Pour it into a greased ring mould..
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven(180 degrees) for almost 35 minutes, or till done and springy when touched..You may frost this cake. But believe me, even without it its so soft n yummy!
- CARDAMOM GLAZE ICINGMETHOD:-Turn out the cake while still warm onto a cake stand..Take one cup of very finely powdered sifted sugar or icing sugar in a bowl...
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.Add 1 drop of vanilla essence and one tsp of softened butter and 2 table spoons of boiling water.
- Beat well to get a smooth glaze.. Pour it immediately over the warm cake..
- Let the glaze drip down n set . (sorry ! forgot to take the snap)
- Cut into round using a serrated knife.