A tasty tea time snack..Very easy to make too.
Gram flour ( Besan )
1 1/2 Cups
Curry leaves chopped
Green chillies chopped
Kashmiri chilli powder
Baking soda (
optional) 1 Pinch
Thick Yoghurt beaten
- Cut the bread slices into squares.. No need to remove the crust.
- Make a semi thick batter with gram flour, chopped green chillies, ginger,curry leaves,chilli powder, asafoetida , baking soda , salt and water.
- Heat the oil till very hot but not smoking.. Dip the bread slices in the batter so that they are coated very well and deep fry in oil..Fry five or six at a time..
- Reduce the flame to medium after dropping them into the hot oil..Remove when golden brown and crisp outside.. Should be crisp outside and soft inside..So do not let them fry till dark brown..Drain on kitchen paper..
- Make a simple yoghurt dip using thick beaten curds and salt.. Garnish with little chilli powder and cumin powder..
- Serve the bajis with this yoghurt dip.